Cafeteria 15L celebrates fresh ingredients—comfort food with a fresh, urban twist.
Brunch has always been one of my favorite meals—a relaxed, late morning meal—that is perfect for lounging with the family. Cafeteria 15L, a “Farm to Table” restaurant located in an urban rustic-industrial setting in Sacramento, offers a weekend brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 9am-3pm.
The contemporary design combines with industrial-rustic elements to soften the ambiance. Farm meets the city through architecture, decor and menu ingredients.
Those who know me know that I am particular when it comes to freshness and quality. Whipped cream needs to be made from fresh cream. Hollandaise sauce needs to be made with fresh egg yolks and butter. Berries need to be fresh, not frozen or macerated.
The menu at Cafeteria 15L celebrates fresh ingredients.
Beverages and cocktails—muddled “mocktails” or lemonade, Bloody Mary or mimosa varieties—are made with fresh fruit and herbs.
Entree options cater to diverse palettes—sweet and savory—waffles and french toast; benedicts, skillets and omelets; sandwiches, soups and salads.
We splurged on a couple adult beverages—a perfect start:
- Peach Bellini made with prosecco (Italian sparkling wine) and fresh white peach purée, with just the perfect touch of peach schnapps
- Cafeteria Bloody Mary, their signature version of tomato juice and vodka, topped with typical salad items
Our four entrees were all delicious:
- Brioche French Toast with fresh berries (strawberries and blackberries), real maple whipped cream, and a drizzle of a berry purée
- Chocolate Banana Waffle with fresh strawberries (instead of bananas), maple whipped cream, and salted caramel sauce
- Black Forest Ham Benedict made with poached eggs and ham on toasted brioche topped with real hollandaise (the only way to have this rich, but delicate, sauce), and served with crispy breakfast potatoes
- Southern Benedict made with poached eggs and housemade sausage patties on buttermilk biscuits covered in country gravy, and served with crispy breakfast potatoes
Sacramento’s favorite comfort and eclectic urban restaurant offering American comfort cuisine with a classic flair. Traditional dishes are created with a twist to evoke the nostalgia and comfort of a home-cooked meal.