BILINGUAL CAPITAL REGION/CITY
Located between its Flemish Dutch-speaking North and Walloon French-speaking South, Brussels is the multi-faceted, multicultural international capital of Belgium.
- EuroStar — the high-speed train connects Brussels to London in around 3 hrs
- Thalys — another high-speed train option, takes under 1 1/2 hours to travel between Brussels and Paris
- Rail Europe is a great source for making necessary train reservations—find more travel information at Northwestern Europe
- Our Eurail passes covered our train travel between cities and villages within our selected countries on the continent
- For local travel in Brussels, we purchased metro tickets from the ticket booth in the station
- Metro maps were stored on our phones for quick reference, such as this one for Brussels: