You might think this is some weird California thing, but it is seriously delicious for breakfast or dessert. And it really is good for you too: high in fiber, each chia seed can retain 8-9 times its weight in fluid.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a mason jar. Seal, then shake thoroughly to combine.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then shake once more.
- Return to the refrigerator and let sit for 15-30 minutes longer to allow the chia to thicken into a spoonable pudding.
- To serve, top with additional coconut, berries and dates.
Note: Chia pudding will last for up to one week, refrigerated.